Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Maciej Pilichowski <macias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:55:29 +0100
Hello,

While the second part about 24000 packages seems as real, but not
so close future, what are alternatives?

It depends what is the subject -- incremental update or dependencies?

For me SUSE is good because I get right balance between new
versions, mass of precompiled packages and stability.

I answer to incremental update, ok? I assume you were using 10.2
before 10.3. Would it be any harm to you (your system), if instead of
upgrading/(re)installing whole 10.3 over 10.2, you did the following
(using 10.2 all the time):
a) update boot mechanism to boot faster (in June)
b) update Yast SM to faster version (in July)
c) update regular KMail to KMail Enterprise (...and so on)
d) update KDE 3.5.7 to 3.5.8
e) ...

In other words -- what do you need whole new version of opensuse for?

have a nice day, bye

ad.a,b,c...) of course with update of X maybe you have to update Y,
but it would be a still update of portion of the system, just bigger
or smaller, not the entire lengthy process of upgrade which looks
like an install
--
Maciej Pilichowski