Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Maciej Pilichowski <macias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:04:12 +0100
Hello,

I will give you just an actual example, in order to upgrade the
compiler for openSUSE 11 we are currenlty changing more than 800
packages !!

And the problem is "solved"?

For me this example is just a proof that something is terribly wrong
and it would be rather a good argument to rethink the design of the
system. Otherwise in 5 years you will be writting "for opensuse 17 we
had to change over 24000 packages". It is pretty obvious the current
design does not scale.

have a nice day, bye
--
Maciej Pilichowski