Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 19:41:40 +0100
Maciej Pilichowski wrote:

__hypothetical__ example! WHAT IF...

ok :-)

but do you know any system doing this? computer world is moving very fast, and Linux may be faster.

So who can know what will be standard three years in the future? I don't see how a system can follow this.

For example, I never even try to update any distro. I just left a 10.1 computer to a new laptop and installed 10.3 on it, never mind to change 10.1 on the old one, even knowing the package manager was much better :-)

do we need incremental update at all? ideally I would refuse any update. just security bug fix are ok, no more

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2007/10/27/127022-Claire-Dodin-une-Toulousaine-extreme.html