Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Cristian Rodriguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 01:37:43 -0300
Maciej Pilichowski escribió:

I have a strong feeling that the first approach is exactly what
SLED does, while we live on the "bleeding edge" of things.

Good news then, but I don't have chance to really test SLED -- by test
I mean install version X and wait how upgrade to Y works.

There is big difference between what SLED does and what you suggested
to do, you talked about incremental updates **between different
products** (aka. opensuse 10.2 --> 10.3) keeping old "downgraded"
packages installed etc.. what SLED does is providing slightly new or
fixed packages compiled with the **same** other tools, **same**
libraries via services packs for the **same product** and of course only
the provided package set/combination is supported.

--
"If eval() is the answer, you're almost certainly asking the wrong
question." --Rasmus Lerdorf

Cristian Rodríguez R, Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development