Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:57:01 -0800
On Wednesday 07 November 2007 12:56, Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
Just thinking out loud -- maybe it would be better to focus on core
system (thing to be defined) and support it, but support it from A
do Z, instead of providing thousands of packages (compare it to
Apple, they took a bit of BSD, but made well use of it). Then it
would be possible to provide better compatibility, hardware support,
and incremental upgrades (and realease would mean just: snapshot of
last month set of packages).

I have a strong feeling that the first approach is exactly what SLED does,
while we live on the "bleeding edge" of things.

I've always gone by the mantra that I should have my production systems at
least one version back, unless the current version is very stable.

I'll hold off until 10.3 releases a few bugfixes. I have it in VMWare and all
seems well, but it ain't running my systems at home until I know it works
right. :P