Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:50:19 +0100
Den Wednesday 07 November 2007 19:17:55 skrev Daniele:
This list is for non-technical discussions, your list are all
technical I think.

This is the main point (or big part of it..). After a lot of bad reviews
about 10.3, releasing live-cd in this state it's a big mistake and not
the right way to do things...

Right way: another RC with all fix.

I'm a "suser" since 6.0 and now I'm bored to surf the net and read bad
things about my favorite distro. This release doesn't help much, the
whole project I mean..

I think that's a bit harsh.

5-6 weeks ago everyone was extremely pleased and optimistic about 10.3. And
it's still my impression that most people like it better than the previous
two releases - even though it seems to not do quite as well as I expected.

10.3 had a lot of changes - correct and important changes imo. I think this
means we're now back on the right path, and hopefully that means there can be
more focus on stabilizing, maturing, polishing and optimizing, and less on
making huge revolutionary changes to core stuff (like media layout and
package management.)

I'm a lot more optimistic on behalf of the project now than I was 6 months
ago.

Btw. I couldn't get sound to work on my laptop using the KDE live-cd
either :-) (after installation it worked without a glitch).