[opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:29:49 +0100
HI guys, after first look I'm very disappointed about live-cd but before
start to reporting bug and features request I'd like to hear your
opinions.

1) sound doens't work. On live cd it simple should work. No luck with
yast or alsaconf. In Yast I can hear test sound but under Kde no mixer,
no device, no sound. This on well supported hardware..

2) partitions on hd should be showed somewhere (sysinfo, /media). For
newbye, finding/mounting partitions it's no so easy..

3) one of my pc is a IBN NetVista that runs 10.3 fine but with live-cd,
video card/monitor are non well configured and system hangs for some
ATA errors..

4) I'm wrong or software on live-cd is in the same version of GM ? If
so, I don't uderstand why. Releasing live-cd one month after GM without
bugfix it's a crazy thing :)

Live-cd it's becoming the most used media but opensuse live cd give a
very bad impression to all project...

I'll do more/better test in next days and I'll report all bugs..

Daniele.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, I hope it's understandable...

--
*** Linux user # 198661 ---_ ICQ 33500725 ***
*** Home http://www.kailed.net ***