Re: [opensuse-project] One-click to IRC on 10.3: status ?
  • From: Kenneth Aar <kenneth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:30:17 +0200
Stephan Binner wrote:
On Tuesday 31 July 2007 04:09:23 Andrew Dorney wrote
Take, for example, the "forums, mailing lists, and IRC channels" link. How
am I to know that clicking on that will take me to the forums, or take me to
the mailing lists, or take me to the IRC channel?

I takes you to none of those directly but http://en.opensuse.org/Communicate

Ok. But http://en.opensuse.org/Communicate is a place in dire need of
some love. It is definitely not newbie friendly. 90% of the content will
be total gibberish for a new user. That said I do not say that
http://en.opensuse.org/Communicate is a waste of space. It is good for
reference. I propose a new page with more or less this content;
http://bw.uwcs.co.uk/supportopts.png
But at the end of each subject there could be a link called "Learn more
about X, and how to use it."
Where X = Chat or forums or documentation or mailing lists.