Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE @ Google Summer of Code 2007
  • From: scsijon <scsijon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:57:34 +1100
At 04:10 AM 11/03/2007, Christoph Thiel wrote:

Hi everyone,

[sorry for cross-posting.]

We just submitted our Google Summer of Code application for being a
mentoring org in this years program. Therefore we are now looking for your
project proposals and ideas, that could be turned into potential Summer of
Code projects.

Please share your thoughts with us on the mailing lists and/or add them to
http://en.opensuse.org/Summer_of_Code_2007

Thanks,
Christoph
--
Christoph Thiel, Tech. Project Management, Research & Development

?what about something in the startup script that allows for the ability to lock
out individual blocks of ram that are known faulty from use.

I don't know how many old, but linux serviceable, notebooks that i've had to
tell the owners nothing can be done with because a block of the ram on the
motherboard ram has failed. They are of course out of warrenty and parts are
either too expensive or non obtainable.

scsijon