Re: [suse-programming-e] Creating static binaries with autotools
  • From: "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 06:56:15 -0500
Davi de Castro Reis wrote:

Hi guys,

Does someone know how can I create static binaries using autotools? I have a program that uses several dynamic libraries and I want to distribute it as a single static binary. Everytime I want to distribute it, I do a make (the Makefile is generated from configure), then I delete the binary, and do the last linking step myself, using the static flag. This is quite boring. Does someone know a way to create a 'make static'?

Thanks in advance,
Davi de Castro Reis

You should be able to put an entry in your Makefile to do whatever you do to manually make the static binary. Static versions of all the dynamic libraries must exist, of course.

< Previous Next >
List Navigation