Re: [opensuse-ppc] alternative to KIWI
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:18:14 +0200
Hello,

Frederico Recsky wrote:
I worked in a project that remaster the suse to specific hardware, and
I only use the tools that came with suse, like makeSUSEdvd and to
customize the kernel open the imagens of /suseboot and etc. Of course
we don't compile everything but only swap small packages and the
kernel of cdboot to a specific ppc board.

I ran into some problems with yast2-product-creator (as you could see
from another post), but have a nice selection of packages. Is it
possible to create an image with makeSUSEdvd, when I have a directory of
packages? http://en.opensuse.org/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs only describes
how to make a DVD from CD ISO files and add a few files. I made a
selection from the ftp version, PPC does not have CDs anyway...
Bye,
CzP