Re: [suse-ppc] Can't install on Firewire drive
  • From: Aymeric GILLAIZEAU <macfreesoft@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:35:09 +0200
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:42:03 +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, Aymeric GILLAIZEAU wrote:
>
>> I would like to install SuSE 10 b4 on an external Firewire drive but it
>> fails. I have loaded the firewire components, but still failing ...
>>
>> Yast recognized my hardrive, I could select my partition and format it,
>> but it
>> failed to install when installation process began.
>>
>> I have this error message :
>>
>> code erreur -1012
>> définition du type de partition /dev/sda13 sur 102
>>
>> error code -102
>> definition of the partition type /dev/sda13 on 102
>
> Do no let yast touch your partition table, it will always fail with
> partition types other thant 'msdos'.
> Instead, partition before you start the installation, and assign only
> mount points in the partitioner.
>
> In case of installation onto a firewire drive, add 'ohci1394 sbp2' to
> INITRD_MODULES in /etc/sysconfig/kernel, and rerun mkinitrd.

I have found the way to load drivers, i have loaded PPC + Firewire drivers and then launch the installation via texte mode, then assigned the format to the partitions and the mounts points manually, but still same issue with error -1012 ...

I have put the partitions at the begining of the FW hardrive, same issue

P1 40 Mo HFS
P2 1 Go Swap Swap
P3 9 Go Reiser /