*****SPAM***** Re: [suse-ppc] Package Managers for Suse PPC?
  • From: Vakvarju <vakvarju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:09:19 +0100
Is there any kind of package management system out
> there that can be used instead of the old SuSE RPM system?

As far as I know SuSE is an RPM based system concerning the package
management. There is an apt4rpm solution also for later versions, and
you can of course compile your own stuff if you want.
But for 7.3 PPC you got nothing else. You can either use RPM or compile
your stuff from source tarballs.
There is alien, which converts Debian deb packages to RPM, but we are at
the same issue again.
Tell us what consideration led you to make you looking for an other
solution?

Regards,

Vakvarju