Linux on Daystar Genesis - Quad processor SUCCESS!
  • From: George Herndon <gherndon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:30:38 -0400
Hi,

I've had some luck with linux ppc running on my Daystar Genesis - quad 225 (604e's). I'm currently running SuSE 7.1 with one of Dan Burcaw's 2.4.8smp variants.

I've experimented with several, including the default 2.4.2smp and have instability in all, including my current setup.

What I'm looking for is a rock solid setup. The kernel doesn't have to be the latest, but I don't want to get any kernel panics. I'm not tied to one distro or another, but if anyone has had luck running SMP on old-world 9500ish boxes, please let me know.

A big thanks to Dan and all the other developers working to support the linux on ppc users out there.

-George

< Previous Next >
List Navigation
Follow Ups