Re: [opensuse-packaging] Orphaned files galore
Jan Engelhardt schrieb:
On Friday 2019-12-06 17:37, Adam Majer wrote:

More interestingly, rpm itself doesn't own its own files either.

/usr/lib/sysimage/rpm/.rpm.lock
/usr/lib/sysimage/rpm/Basenames
/usr/lib/sysimage/rpm/Conflictname
/usr/lib/sysimage/rpm/Dirnames
/usr/lib/sysimage/rpm/Enhancename

That is quite expected. I would not expect to lose the actual databases.
`rpm -e rpm` should not remove (what was once) /var/lib/rpm,
`rpm -e mariadb` should not remove /var/lib/mysql, and
`rpm -e postfix` should not delete my mails.

I can see the case for removing rpm *and* the database
in order to e.g. strip down container images. Which situation do you
envision where you would want to remove the package but keep the db?

What's missing from rpm indeed is a feature to somehow (recursively)
flag data files and directories. Thinking of Android where it's
possible to delete data and/or cache of apps.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel