Re: [opensuse-packaging] Orphaned files galore
Hello,

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019, Adam Majer wrote:

I've written a small utility that checks for files, symlinks and
directories on your system that are installed in the system directories
but are not owned by any package.

https://github.com/AdamMajer/rpmorphan

To compile this, all you need is rpm-devel and gcc.

Nice.

Running on my Leap 15.1 system, it found quite a number of symlinks and
directories and files that are not owned by any package. For example,

/usr/lib64/libreoffice/share/config/images_sifr.zip

(Not trying to steal your thunder) An alternative for GUI lovers is
qdirstat from Stefan Hundhammer. It can show the same graphically
(File/Show unpackaged files...), including the usual features of it, like
treemap and friends. (FWIW, I have only about 2000 unpackaged files below
/usr :-) )

Ciao,
Michael.