Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: On how to improve Rust packaging experience for suse
Hi,

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

On 11/20/19 12:43 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Nov 20 2019, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

Actually, in Debian, the rustc package uses the LLVM package from the
system
and in my experience this works reasonably well these days. I don't
actually
know why no one has added the risc64-unknown-linux-gnu spec to Rust
upstream
yet,

Probably because llvm9 doesn't work yet on riscv.

But Rust upstream has already riscv support, just not for the linux-gnu ABI.

The difference that Andreas meant is between llvm9 branch (where the
support is not complete enough) and master (where it sort of is).

Ciao,
Michael.