Re: [opensuse-packaging] On how to improve Rust packaging experience for suse
Michael Matz schrieb:
[...]
Whatever we choose (the only realistic option seems (c) to me), we should
make fairly sure that we do _not_ encode any requirements on Rust into
base components of our system (librsvg comes to mind, and it is a huge
problem that parts are written in Rust; it's a basic component and
hinders the Risc-V distro, we have to keep using an old version of
libsvg there). It's simply not a good decision to base system components
on a quickly changing eco system.

Is the C librsvg still ABI compatible? If so, I'd love to have it back
in the distro, at least for building. That would avoid having the stack
above rsvg waiting for rust and llvm to build. That's a whole working
day.

cu
Ludwig

--