Re: [opensuse-packaging] On how to improve Rust packaging experience for suse
Hi,

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019, Michael Matz wrote:

base components of our system (librsvg comes to mind, and it is a huge
problem that parts are written in Rust; it's a basic component and
hinders the Risc-V distro, we have to keep using an old version of
libsvg there).

Funny story about this in this context: Rust doesn't work on Risc-V
because it bundles (vendors, ahem) an old version of llvm. Newer versions
of llvm that work on risc-v do exist, but they can't be used in rust
easily, because, well, ... the llvm eco-system is changing too fast for
them it seems ;-)

*sigh*

Ciao,
Michael.