Re: [opensuse-packaging] On how to improve Rust packaging experience for suse

On Tuesday 2019-11-19 09:46, Simon Lees wrote:

All this probably applies to other languages as well, though it may be
that there only the package management part is a problem there, not
too fast evolving core tools.

Unfortunately as parts of SLE start to make use of some of these
languages it becomes more complex then that. Many of the reasons we do
the things we do the way we do at the moment are that it makes our
compliance processes significantly easier (and in many cases possible at
all).

An alternative would be to devote the manned resources to not grow minute
dependencies on large stacks. (That ship has probably sailed in terms of
firefox-in-the-distro, but thinking back in time: ruby's sole raison d'ĂȘtre in
today's default install is just for yast2, which is more or less locally
controlled.)