Re: [opensuse-packaging] On how to improve Rust packaging experience for suse
Neal Gompa schrieb:
[...]
I find the process of shipping updates to SUSE distributions
thoroughly annoying and unappealing, so I don't personally do anything
to target anything other than Tumbleweed. The process is too slow
because it's often bottlenecked on either legal-auto or the
all-too-tiny number of reviewers for SRs and MRs. This is also true
for Tumbleweed, but it seems to be somewhat faster there. I'd be more
interested in helping ship updates to Leap if we could make this
process less awful.

If the sources are exactly the same as in Factory, no extra
reviews should be needed. legal-auto would automatically pass the
review if the sources were already approved in another project for
example¹. 15.2 does not add extra review-team on sources that come
from SLE or Factory and are therefore known to have seen a review
before. If maintenance doesn't do that yet, I'd suggest to push for
smarter review handling there.

cu
Ludwig

[1] corner cases with changed matching patterns aside, I know

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel
//\