Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changing %_libexecdir to /usr/libexec
On 2019/11/08 23:43:22 +0000, Lee Duncan wrote:
I don't know if this is expected behaviour, but I have a project in
factory that is failing because of this libexec change.

See:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/Base:System/mhvtl/openSUSE_Factory/x86_64

It seems like using libexecdir is not yet fully supported? (It used to
be /usr/lib, which worked.)

It is supported, nevertheless for some types of of files the former
used %_libexecdir becomes %_prefix/lib for getting then right placed

E.g. /usr/lib/emacs/<version>/ is now /usr/libexec/emacs/<version>/
/usr/lib/systemd/ remains at /usr/lib/systemd/
... only the binaries below /usr/lib/systemd/ might be moved to a new
/usr/libexec/systemd/ ... if the (auto)configuration scripts do support
this :)

Werner