Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changing %_libexecdir to /usr/libexec
On Fri, 2019-11-08 at 10:06 +0100, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
On 07/11/2019 21.45, Neal Gompa wrote:

/usr/lib/module-init-tools could just be a symlink to
/usr/libexec/module-init-tools so that users can switch whenever they
are ready.
This should give a smooth migration path.

Yes, I thought about that. I'm not sure about the usefulness though.
Definitely, it's only useful if some day we really remove the symlink.
We should probably set a calender entry because it will be forgotten
otherwise; the grace period has to be several years, for SLE at least.

/usr/lib/module-init-tools is already a legacy path (IIRC module-init-
tools last existed in SLE11) which we never dared to rename.
Perhaps it's time to be bold and move /usr/lib/module-init-tools to
/usr/libexec/suse-module-tools :-)

Martin