Re: [opensuse-packaging] Board Decision on groups in spec files.

On 11/1/19 7:13 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Friday 2019-11-01 00:38, Simon Lees wrote:

The board is still somewhat limited in its power here, in that we can
not compel people to do work, we can only tell them not to do certain
things which generally is something the board tries to avoid. For
example we can state that groups shall be optional and up to the
maintainer because that is not forcing anyone to do work,

Well, you could spin the argument either way: Removing the Group line
and moving it to a separate dataset is work to construct this new
format.

Yep it is work, in the same way that keeping the data up to date is work
or maintaining a package is work, people can choose not to do this work
like they can choose not to do any other work.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30

List Navigation