Re: [opensuse-packaging] Status update /usr/etc move
Am 2019-09-09 14:28, schrieb Thorsten Kukuk:
Hi,

If you haven't seen or heard much about the /usr/etc proposal, that's
because we had to wait that the necessary basic changes were accepted
in Factory.

With today, we got two important packages released:
- filesystem contains /usr/etc
- rpmlint accepts /usr/etc

We are still missing rpm-config-SUSE for the %_distconfdir define.

I did also setup a wiki for best practices and the changes we make,
please see:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_UsrEtc

Sorry. Something forgotten.
You also write:
If configuration files marked as %config(noreplace) are moved from /etc to /usr/etc, and the admin did modify them, RPM will save the modified configuration files as *.rpmsave files at the end of the update process.

But under https://github.com/thkukuk/atomic-updates_and_etc/blob/master/README.md
stands:

files not marked: an update would replace the file and all changes are lost
files marked as %config: modified files are moved away as *.rpmsave
files marked as %config(noreplace): modified files stay, new files are written as *.rpmnew

So. config(noreplace) will not "generate" an *.rpmsave?

--
Regards
Eric