Re: [opensuse-packaging] Status update /usr/etc move
Am 2019-09-09 14:28, schrieb Thorsten Kukuk:
Hi,

If you haven't seen or heard much about the /usr/etc proposal, that's
because we had to wait that the necessary basic changes were accepted
in Factory.

With today, we got two important packages released:
- filesystem contains /usr/etc
- rpmlint accepts /usr/etc

We are still missing rpm-config-SUSE for the %_distconfdir define.

I did also setup a wiki for best practices and the changes we make,
please see:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_UsrEtc

I have read the wiki and have a question.
You write a administrator must change the config under /etc

But you write in example:

%posttrans
# Migration to /usr/etc.
for i in securetty pam.d/other pam.d/common-account pam.d/common-auth pam.d/common-password pam.d/common-session ; do
test -f /etc/${i}.rpmsave && mv -v /etc/${i}.rpmsave /etc/${i} ||:
done

When i'm not stupid this would override the changes from administrator in /etc.

Error or my mistake?

--
Regards
Eric