Re: [opensuse-packaging] Status update /usr/etc move
Hey,

On 9/9/19 2:28 PM, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

[...]

I did also setup a wiki for best practices and the changes we make,
please see:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_UsrEtc

Improvements, corrections, better ideas, etc. are always welcome!

The "variant 1"[1] contains a list of files/dirs that a application should read config files from:

1) /usr/etc/example.conf
2) /etc/example.conf
3) /etc/example.conf.d/*.conf

I think the list should also contain a /usr/etc/example.conf.d/ (at pos 2) because there are cases where package1 has a config file (in /usr/etc) and package2 wants to adjust parameters and needs to adjust the config. So adding a snippet to /usr/etc/example.conf.d/ would be the way to go for package2.

Cheers,

Tom

[1] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_UsrEtc#Variant_1_.28ideal_case.29