[opensuse-packaging] Status update /usr/etc move

Hi,

If you haven't seen or heard much about the /usr/etc proposal, that's
because we had to wait that the necessary basic changes were accepted
in Factory.

With today, we got two important packages released:
- filesystem contains /usr/etc
- rpmlint accepts /usr/etc

We are still missing rpm-config-SUSE for the %_distconfdir define.

I did also setup a wiki for best practices and the changes we make,
please see:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_UsrEtc

Improvements, corrections, better ideas, etc. are always welcome!

And if you adjust your package, please document this in this list, too.
So that users have one place to find out what we changed, where to find
the configuration files today and what they need to modify.

I created a home project with first adjusted packages, too:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:kukuk:etc

All packages are tested on openSUSE MicroOS.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS
Managing Director: Felix Imendoerffer (HRB 247165, AG M√ľnchen)