Re: [opensuse-packaging] how to make xfce4-screensaver smoothly replace xscreensaver?
On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 08:09:05 +0200,
Maurizio Galli (MauG) wrote:

Hello,
I need to ask for some package transition advise please.

We are going to introduce xfce4-screensaver by default in openSUSE
Xfce replacing xscreensaver.

Swapping the packages in the pattern is the easy part however because
xscreensaver is not automatically being replaced and both daemons end
up running at the same time, when suspending the system, both
xfce4-screensaver and xscreensaver lockers are loaded on the screen.

Any advise on how to make the transition happen without using "Conflicts"?

What's the problem with Conflicts?

thanks,

Takashi