[opensuse-packaging] how to make xfce4-screensaver smoothly replace xscreensaver?
Hello,
I need to ask for some package transition advise please.

We are going to introduce xfce4-screensaver by default in openSUSE Xfce replacing xscreensaver.

Swapping the packages in the pattern is the easy part however because xscreensaver is not automatically being replaced and both daemons end up running at the same time, when suspending the system, both xfce4-screensaver and xscreensaver lockers are loaded on the screen.

Any advise on how to make the transition happen without using "Conflicts"?

Thank you!

--
Maurizio Galli (MauG)
Xfce Team