Re: [opensuse-packaging] js-packaging
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 11:32:42 +0200
Hello Jonathan,

Am Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2019, 11:10:40 CEST schrieb Jonathan Brielmaier:
On 5/15/19 9:47 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
Hi,

is anyone firm in packaging Nodejs-stuff?
I have a package
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:DocB:Orthanc/cornerstone
which is a requirement for a webviewer plugin. But I have basically no
idea
how to package it.

There is a project for NodeJS with NodeJS itself and some packages:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:nodejs

It exists also a tool for helping with NodeJS packaging, but I don't
know how well this works:
https://github.com/marguerite/nodejs-packaging

Yes, I had tried this earlier (tryton-sao) but still....it was no means to
provide a stable package.

Anyone able/willing to help with packaging?

To be honest not really, as NodeJS packaging is not the funniest
exercise. And as it result in a lot of packages (I guess 100+) it is
also quite a big maintenance burden, to keep them updated and working...

Not the funniest excercise is quite positive spoken ;-)
So if a C++ program uses cornerstone as input, what options do we have to
build a RPM without having cornerstone packed. Having it installed from source
in a local build environment may work, but AFAIK not on OBS.

Cheers
Axel