Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s
On 3/25/19 1:39 PM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
If you are set as maintainer in the package, project maintainers are
expected to only step in if really needed. That's not something new but
sometimes reminding every once in a while helps:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_maintainership_guide#Devel_project_maintainer

Thanks. I'll take a note.

For example, I am maintaining the Python Azure SDK for the Public Cloud
Team at SUSE. For the second time now, someone has sent in requests to
update just two out of over 100 packages that make up the Python Azure

IIUC the two packages in question were in devel:languages:python wheras
all the rest has a devel project of it's own? If those two packages are
mostly only relevant to your other packages then maybe it would make
sense to move them over to the other devel project?

No, both packages are part of the d:l:p:azure project:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:python:azure/python-azure-storage-common
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:python:azure/python-azure-storage-blob

So this point doesn't hold. I also haven't heard back from John why he updated
those packages after sending him two mails regarding the question. I don't find
this situation optimal. Communication is a key point of any open source project
and is exactly what helps avoiding mishaps.

Adrian