Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:05:31 +0100
On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 at 11:20, Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know how often I need to repeat this, but: Those packages are
mainly used by
the Public Cloud Team and we need them to be working and installable for
our daily
routine. If someone else messes with them without understanding the
ramifications,
you are hurting us. I just kindly ask people outside the Public Cloud Team
not to
touch the packages without talking to us.

Unfortunately that's not how the openSUSE project works, we welcome
contributions from anyone who feels interested enough in creating them,
if the contributions break something or don't meet standards maintainers
are more then welcome to reject the changes and give feedback as to what
changes need to be made in order for the change to be acceptable. In
openSUSE creating a submit request is a perfectly valid form of "talking
to us"

As this discussion includes a number of SUSE employees on both sides
of the debate, I feel it appropriate to remind all involved that they
are expected to follow _SUSEs_ Open Source Policy, which clearly lays
out the companies expectations for it's employees on the topics of
Open Source contributions, Upstream First, Factory First, openSUSE,
etc.

https://opensource.suse.com/suse-open-source-policy

I'd recommend all read it and ensure that they are acting consistently
with that policy.

Regards,

Richard