Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s
On 3/22/19 9:41 AM, Simon Lees wrote:
Well I say this because I know of a number of packages are poorly assigned,
unassigned or assigned to someone who doesn't have time to take care of them
and its in everyone's best interest that packages are assigned to people who
actually have the time to take care of them properly. Hopefully the more this
gets passed up the management chain the sooner it will be fixed.

I don't know how often I need to repeat this, but: Those packages are mainly
used by
the Public Cloud Team and we need them to be working and installable for our
daily
routine. If someone else messes with them without understanding the
ramifications,
you are hurting us. I just kindly ask people outside the Public Cloud Team not
touch the packages without talking to us.

If I thought this was an isolated issue I wouldn't have mentioned it. One of
the next things on my todo list is to fix the fact that there are a
significant number of packages inside Leap that are inherited from SLE that
either have no maintainer or no maintainer inside SLE which essentially means
there is no easy way to get maintenance updates into Leap.

Except that I don't have an issue with the maintenance at all. The reason the
update
to the Azure package stack was a bit stalled was because upstream made changes
to the
namespace packages which broke my packaging workflow so I had to made some
changes
while also spotting some bugs upstream and reporting them.

Please don't automatically assume incompetence. And I'm certainly not
overwhelmed by the
load, I am doing way more than just maintaining these packages.

Thanks,
Adrian