Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s
On 3/21/19 8:27 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
[..] but I really wish
the communication would work better and people wouldn't just randomly push
submit requests to packages without having at least talked to the maintainer
of the packages in question first. Good communication is a key point when
collaborating in open source projects.

I understand and know that no one contributing changes wants to do any harm,
but if you are updating random packages that aren't yours without
understanding
the peculiarities concerning certain packages, you are making the lives of
maintainers harder, not easier.

I think you should coordinate with the other maintainer who acked the
broken submit requests how to improve the situation. Is it possible to
roll-back the changes?

Personally I directly submit requests without contacting the maintainers
first. IMHO this would slow down things too much. But I'm locally
testing the updates whether stuff still works. Of course this cannot
always cover everything.

Ciao, Michael.