Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers breaking repositories ...
On Tuesday 2019-03-19 11:01, Stasiek Michalski wrote:

On the third hand, all the stuff I read on the opensuse lists about
tumbleweed
and its "quirks" is why I'm *not* using tumbleweed.

- nvidia and tumbleweed kernels

Maybe somebody will realize at some point that dkms is a better
option with a distro that changes kernels every week.

The rc phase of the kernel is on the order of 7 *weeks*. There is *that much*
time between the API break, and the source release of these new APIs to the
wider public -- and then probably *another* week until that all has passed the
openSUSE machinery involving OpenQA and so on.

From when I built fglrx, nvidia (during the 96.x to 346.x-ish era), vmware and
vbox modules, updating the source to new APIs was not hard. Certainly did not
take seven weeks.

Maybe somebody will realize that nvidia has a terrible kernel development
following procedure. Or, for the marketeers, "uncompetetive". Maybe if R&D
spent less time on trying to cheat the benchmarks.. but I digress.