Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers breaking repositories ...
  • From: Alberto Planas Dominguez <aplanas@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 10:45:55 +0100
On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 10:32:33 AM CET Mathias Homann wrote:

My concern about TW is mainly based on what I see on the factory mailinglist
- are you really telling me that the whole distribution is always being
thoroughly tested between two snapshots? And not just with "smoke tests"?

...even when the two snapshots are only a day apart?

OK that i wanna know more about. how are we doing that? Can I come see?

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Factory_development_model
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Development_Process

You can see there that there are two kind of openQA tests. One for the staging
projects. You can consider them smoke tests. Once the package move from
staging to Factory there is an integration openQA test. This is a complete
test and only if openQA says so, there is a release.

So, during the live of a package you have it reviewed when is submitted to a
devel project, reviewed again when submitted to Factory (tons of bots and
developers), is tested by openQA during the staging process and tested again
with the integration test in openQA.

The coverage of openQA tests and the status of the releases candidates can be
inspected here:

https://openqa.opensuse.org/

Installing openQA is not easy, but contributing to the tests can be done from
this repo:

https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse

Check the documentation of the project here:

http://open.qa/documentation/

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)