Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers breaking repositories ...

On 17/03/2019 02:02, Mathias Homann wrote:
So it seems that right now someone is in the process of doing some
upgrade work in KDE:Qt. Whoever it is has turned publishing off, which
usually is a good idea...

...but in this case it leads to hundreds of packages in KDE:Framework,
KDE:Extras, and KDE:Applications being rebuilt, and being published, and
because publishing of KDE:Qt is turned off, being unable to be installed
due to missing dependencies. The really bad part is, that *some*
packages from those newly built ones *will* be installed, and some
others will be downgraded to what's in the base distribution, leaving
people with a general mish mash of librariy versions and potentially
seriously broken desktops.

So ... can someone **please** turn publishing in KDE:Qt back on?

And for next time: whoever disables publishing in KDE:Qt for upgrading
it, disable publishing (and building) in KDE:Frameworks5,
KDE:Applications, and KDE:Extra.

On the other hand this is why as a project we encourage people to use tumbleweed and not development repositories because we don't guarantee that the later will always be in a working state.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30