Re: [opensuse-packaging] spec-cleaner and defines
Quoting Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 5:24 AM Andreas Vetter
<vetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
here is my stupid question of the day:

spec-cleaner wants to move defines to the beginning of the spec file.
But I need it after Name and Version like that:

Name: hmcfgusb
Version: 0.103
%define tarball %{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
Source: %{tarball}

spec-cleaner wants to turn it around, but then it does not work:

%define tarball %{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
Name: hmcfgusb
Version: 0.103

Is it ok to ignore (in that case) spec-cleaner or is there a better
way to achieve that?

It should work if you change %define to %global, but you're doing it
wrong there.

The whole thing in URL should be in Source, and URL is supposed to be
set to the project's home page.

So it'd look something like this:

Source: https://git.zerfleddert.de/hmcfgusb/releases/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz

Ah, thank you. So I'll need to check my other packages, too.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
  Andreas Vetter

Stellv. IT-Bereichsmanager Fakultaet fuer Physik und Astronomie
Tel.: +49 (0)931 31-82264

Informations- und Kommunikationstechnik
Tel: +49 (0)931 31-85890
iuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx