Re: [opensuse-packaging] Manual requires not being displayed in build results?
On Tue, 2019-03-05 at 09:37 -0500, Todd Rme wrote:
On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 4:38 PM Brüns, Stefan
<Stefan.Bruens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Montag, 4. März 2019 22:26:18 CET Todd Rme wrote:
It looks like the build results in the OSC web interface are not
displaying requires specified in the spec file, only
automatically-detected results.

For example, with alsa, it Requires: alsa-utils. But if you look at
the build results, that requirement is not listed:

https://build.opensuse.org/build/openSUSE:Factory/standard/x86_64/alsa/_log

This happens in every projects, package, and build target I have
checked. I am not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior, though.

It definitely is:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binary/openSUSE:Factory/alsa/standard/
x86_64/alsa-1.1.8-1.1.x86_64.rpm

Regards,

Stefan

It is listed there, but not in the build log that I linked to. Here
is the full list from the log:

Provides: alsa = 1.1.8-1.1 alsa(x86-64) = 1.1.8-1.1
Requires(interp): /bin/sh
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
Requires(post): /bin/sh coreutils diffutils fillup grep
Requires: /bin/bash /bin/sh
Recommends: alsa-oss alsa-plugins

Recommends, suggests, supplements, etc. are all listed in build logs,
as are automatically-generated requires. Only manually-specified
requires seem to be missing. In fact as far as I can find
"alsa-utils" doesn't appear anywhere in the build log at all.

Why would you expect it to be listed? ALL of the log is the output of
various commands running, the requires/recommends list from the auto-
dep generators. As there is no generator involved for the manually
defined requires, there is nothing outputting them into the log.

Cheers
Dominique