Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint(?): W: no-version-in-last-changelog
On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 12:16 PM Stefan Seyfried
<stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

can we please remove this obviously broken check?

[ 6s] RPMLINT report:
[ 6s] ===============
[ 6s] vdr-plugin-satip.x86_64: I: binary-or-shlib-calls-gethostbyname
/usr/lib64/vdr/libvdr-satip.so.2.4.0
[ 6s] The binary calls gethostbyname(). Please port the code to use
getaddrinfo().
[ 6s]
[ 6s] vdr-plugin-satip.src: W: no-version-in-last-changelog
[ 6s] vdr-plugin-satip.x86_64: W: no-version-in-last-changelog
[ 6s] The latest changelog entry doesn't contain a version. Please insert
the
[ 6s] version that is coherent with the version of the package and rebuild
it.
[ 6s]
[ 6s] 2 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 2 warnings.
[ 6s]
[ 6s]
[ 6s] strolchi finished "build vdr-plugin-satip.spec" at Wed Dec 26
17:14:57 UTC 2018.

seife@strolchi:~/buildservice/vdr:unstable/vdr-plugin-satip> head -5 *es
Wed Dec 26 16:56:03 UTC 2018 - Stefan Seyfried <seife+obs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

- update to version 2.4.0 (2018-04-15):
- Updated for vdr-2.4.0

BTW the warning is absolutely useless, because I can make lots of changes to
a package that don't affect the version at all.

The purpose of this check is to ensure that each newest changelog
entry mapped to the version-release built of the package. However,
openSUSE changelogs are not structured that way, so this particular
check has never been satisfied properly. If you look at Fedora or
Mageia packages, the changelog entries are structured in such a way
that this warning never triggers. The SUSE-style changes format
doesn't include enough information for that check to pass
post-conversion.Thus, I agree it should be disabled in openSUSE, or at
least have a variation of the check that makes more sense.