Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packaging a (mostly) header only C++ library
On Tue, 2018-12-18 at 10:41 +0100, Dan Čermák wrote:
Hi list,

I would like to package a (kind-of) header only C++ library
(https://github.com/emilk/loguru). The problem is, that it actually
ships a cpp file in it's source tree (so I guess it needs to be
compiled
to a shared library?).

The issue at hand is, that loguru is designed to be embedded in your
C++
project (there is *a lot* of compile time switches) and even running
the
test suite from a shared library requires a lot of patching of the
source tree.

What would be the correct procedure for packaging? Create a shared
library nevertheless? Or create multiple libraries with some common
compile time switches? Or just install the sources into the file
system?
Hi

I guess you mean something like installing just headers like in i.e [1]
- if so just having -devel subpackage is absolutely ok.

Cheers

1.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/devel:libraries:c_c++/sparsehash/sparsehash.spec?expand=1