Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint rules for /var/run
On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 9:02 PM Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday 2018-12-11 02:38, Neal Gompa wrote:

I would have already taken a look at doing so, if it weren't for the
fact that openSUSE systemd is a fork that regularly runs behind
upstream. It's depressing to see that SUSE engineers aren't
contributing their changes to systemd upstream so that they don't need
to maintain such heavy forks. This problem also exists with dracut,

it's "because of SLE". When you try to submit an update to
Base:System/systemd, the answer is potentially "yeah ... but we'd
want to share it between SLE...". Surely you can tell a maintenance
tale about RHEL's systemd/dracut/etc.

Actually, in Fedora, we track upstream. RHEL is downstream of Fedora,
so it's usually not my problem. Moreover, they often cherrypick fixes
from Fedora rather than the other way around.

This is what's broken here in openSUSE. Despite having this rolling
model for Tumbleweed and Factory, stuff in the base gets updated
*less* often than before. And now SLE is used as an excuse when it
shouldn't be.