Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint rules for /var/run
On Mon, Dec 10, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Thorsten Kukuk schrieb:
[...]
In general, %ghost for tmpfiles on tmpfs doesn't make any sense
and only makes later a lot of trouble. This should be completly

For example?

Ever tried to replace a %ghost entry with a real file?

forbidden. And robustness is here more important than the wish of

Well, if robustness is the main argument then a method that requires
packagers to maintain file information in two places and to add fragile
scripting sections hardly reaches that goal.

Ok, with your tmpfiles/%ghost approach, we have this method, which
requires packages to maintain file information in two places.

So, I agree with you that we should not maintain it in two places,
so drop the %ghost entries and only use tmpfiles for /run.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS