[opensuse-packaging] rpmlint rules for /var/run
  • From: Todd Rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 13:50:10 -0500
I am trying to get xrootd updated to work with systemd (as well as
various other improvements), but I am running into two rules in
rpmlint and I can't figure out how to make both checks pass.

The problem is that it is expecting a directory in /var/run, and if I
leave it off I get this warning:

xrootd-server.i586: W: tmpfile-not-in-filelist /var/run/xrootd
please add the specified file to your %files section as %ghost so users can
easily query who created the file, it gets uninstalled on package removal and
finally other rpmlint checks see it

However, if I add it like this:

%ghost %{_var}/run/%{name}

Or this:

%ghost %dir %{_var}/run/%{name}

I get the following error:

xrootd-server.x86_64: E: dir-or-file-in-var-run (Badness: 10000) /var/run/xrootd
A file in the package is located in /var/run. It's not permitted for packages
to install files in this directory.

How can I set things up to satisfy both rules?

The package is here:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:TheBlackCat:branches:science/xrootd