[opensuse-packaging] How to deal with divergent SLE/Leap changelog?
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out how I can solve diverging changelogs in SLE/Leap
and Factory. There were some patches in SLE12 SP3, which are not needed
(and are in fact harmful) in SLE12 SP4.

1. When I take the Factory package and submit it to SLE12 SP4, the
submission gets rejected, because some (SP3) patches are not
mentioned in the changelog.

2. When I start with the SP3 package and update it manually,
leaperbot complains that it does not follow Factory first policy.
Release managers tell me I should merge the changes in Factory and
resubmit.

3. When I submit the merged changelog, the request gets declined:

Is the correct process to keep a non-working makedumpfile in SLE12 SP4
and wait until the situation gets escalated by a SUSE partner during
Beta testing (which is what I did, effectively)?

Please, advise.

TIA,
Petr T