Re: [opensuse-packaging] No Leap repos anymore in devel:languages:python?
  • From: Eric Schirra <ecsos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 22:55:04 +0200
Am Dienstag, 28. August 2018, 03:46:39 CEST schrieb Simon Lees:

As far as I can see all the packages in d:l:p that are also in
tumbleweed should be in devel:languages:python:backports so I guess I
should ask what your trying to achieve.

This is not right.
Only packages which start with python are in backports.
Every other packages (e.g. certbot) must separate insert in the sync
script. I think this is not a good idea.
And you find nobody who do that.
You have infinite discussion. :-(

There are less then 20 packages in d:l:p and almost all of them
including things like certbot are utilities rather then python libraries
and would probably be better in a different devel repo.

hmm.
But i need at beginning many python packages which are not in distro at that
time.

Other example are python packages which are needed for other packages in
other repos.
Also infinite discussion with no result.
You see no more if this package (e.g. calibre) is build for 42.3, 15.0 and
Tumbleweed.

I've personally tried to avoid doing this in the past but if you really
need to, what I tend to do and what is probably better is to link the
packages you need into the other devel projects, then only enable it to
build for the distro's you need.

Have try this.
I have try request a branch for a python package which calibre need.
The repoowner declined it and say i should make a linkpac. But in meta it is
the same.
For linkpac i have no rights.
Now repoowner make a linkpac but disable it for tumbleweed.
Many days, weeks the package was not in Tumbleweed and so the new version for
calibre could not build.

Regards
Eric