Re: [opensuse-packaging] trac requires python-pygments, which cannot be found on oS Leap 15.0
Hi,

On 28/08/2018 19:37, 686f6c6d wrote:
Greetings,

when I try to install trac[0] on openSUSE Leap 15.0, I receive the
following error:
------------------------------ 8< ------------------------------
# zypper in --dry-run trac
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides python-pygments needed by
trac-1.2.2-lp150.1.2.noarch
Solution 1: do not install trac-1.2.2-lp150.1.2.noarch
Solution 2: break trac-1.2.2-lp150.1.2.noarch by ignoring some of its
dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c):
------------------------------ >8 ------------------------------

This is strange, because python-pygments should be available from the
oS 15.0 base repo (as the spec[1] provides the exact spelling trac
requires[2]). However, when I use OBS to display the provides of the
built RPM, the provides is missing[3]. How come? Is this an OBS issue
or am I misunderstanding something? What can I do?

[0]: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel%3Atools%3Ascm/trac
[1]:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Leap:15.0/python-Pygments/python-Pygments.spec?expand=1
(line 37)
[2]:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binary/devel:tools:scm/trac/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/x86_64/trac-1.2.3-lp150.1.1.noarch.rpm
[3]:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binary/openSUSE:Leap:15.0/python-Pygments/standard/x86_64/python2-Pygments-2.2.0-lp150.2.7.noarch.rpm

This does seem slightly strange I guess it must be something to do with
single spec which is being used to provide the python2 and python3
packages, as a work around yast is telling me that the package provides
the following and you could use one of those instead

python-Pygments = 2.2.0-lp150.2.7
python2-Pygments = 2.2.0-lp150.2.7
python2-pygments = 2.2.0

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30

List Navigation