Re: [opensuse-packaging] No Leap repos anymore in devel:languages:python?
On Friday, 24 August 2018 20:11:04 ACST, Sebastian wrote:
On 2018-08-23 02:35, Simon Lees wrote:
On 22/08/2018 21:13, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
Hi packagers,

Stefan observed that in d:l:p no Leap repositories are
available anymore. There are Arm, PowerPC, zSystems, and Tumbleweed.

Are there any reasons why they completely vanished? Can the Leap repos
be readded again? I think, a lot of other repositories depend
on it. :) ...
See https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-04/msg00698.html
which I cross posted to this list on 20-04-2018

Why are the remaining 1.285 packages not provided for Leap anymore?

If you are talking about the packages that were moved to d:l:p:misc the
answer is because no one has stepped up to actively maintain them. If
there are some packages there that you'd like to use myself and others
on this list would be happy to help you learn, many likely only need
minimal changes to get them to the point where they are acceptable in
tumbleweed.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30