Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages
On 05/21/2018 12:58 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
Todd Rme wrote:
On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 12:50 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Todd Rme wrote:
The openSUSE python team isn't very large.

So why are you frustating contributors effectively reducing the set of
contributors?

We have been streamlining the project and development workflow to make
it easier to maintain long-term. The previous situation was simply
unsustainable, especially with such large upstream changes that we
need to deal with.

I translate this PR statement to more clear words:
"I have my own agenda and therefore I don't care about other
contributers needs."

I'd say that is enough in that direction. We all know how it is when
things are frustrating but finger pointing does NOT help. There was
ample discussion about the single-spec, which BTW was not driven by Todd.

------ My thoughts are:
We do need to evict Python 2 only packages from Factory. That doesn't
have to happen overnight but it is inevitable.

As far as d:l:p is concerned I think having Python 2 only packages for a
while is fine and we can define what "a while means".

Later,
Robert

Distinguished Architect LINUX
Team Lead Public Cloud